Friday 4 April 2014

My Own Fantastic Voyage

Discovered that the classic sci fi movie "Fantastic Voyage" is available entire on youtube at the moment, and settled down to watch it in Starbucks, the screams of young children in my ear disturbing me from my contemplation of internal butchery by a sub microscopic submarine.

I wonder what a voyage into my own body would be like; a desperate risk probably. Trips through a heart that even slowed down would occasionally thunder with anxiety, double systolic beats crushing the hull of all but a virtual internal dreadnaught. Fancy a trip to my brain, my carotid would always be tying itself in knots as my tics throw my body into convulsive, wrenching poses.

Tourettes, that would knock any submarine in my bloodstream about like you would not believe, the aquanauts would be concussed out of their minds as I sometimes feel I'm out of mine.

Get to the brain. Find the damage. Repair it. No chance. Electric impulses a-randomly firing frying the Raquel Welches trying to fix the damage. Which is a pity, maybe they could use their laser beams to activate the bit of my brain that might get me a better job.

No chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment